[PD] image grid in GEM

John Harrison johnharrisonwsu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 01:37:44 CET 2010

you could try [makefilename] to generate the filenames to continually update
the images.
and take a look at [gemlist] to make your grid. Seems to me a couple of
[until]s with [gemlists] might be a fun way to solve this.
and yeah definitely [pix_texture] not [pix_draw] for speed, as others have
said.

-John

2010/3/4 Fränk Zimmer <fz at mur.at>

> Hi Ben,
> great work your patch.- - But do you think, that I could keep the images
> dynamic and take always new images ? The images would be always in the same
> folder, incremented by one: image 20, image 21, ...
> thanks !
> fraenk
>

> B. Bogart schrieb:
>
>  Hi Frank,
>>
>> Use "rectangle", not pix_draw (its slow)
>>
>> If you can put images in a pix_buffer it'll be really fast.
>>
>> Here is a 3x3 grid of images in gem (with lots of extra complexity)
>>
>> http://www.ekran.org/pd/patches/gem-image-grid.tgz
>>
>> ..b..
>>
>> Fränk Zimmer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I did an image grid in Processing.- Every 10sec a routine is looking
>>> images in a folder and displays them in an image grid of 8x8 images.
>>> The Processing sketch does not run very stable, so I would like to know ,
>>> if already somebody did try this in Pd.- Is there a more clever way, than
>>> using [pix_draw] and [translate] for this?