[PD] capture bpm

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 06:17:58 CET 2010

I think you mean detecting the tempo of a live signal?  Search the
list archives for beat detection and you'll turn up a couple threads
on the bonk~ and rhythm_estimator externals.  This kind of thing can
be difficult depending on the nature of the signal and how isolated it
is.  I know someone who did it very successfully with contact mics
attached to drums (very isolated).

William