[PD] -rt w/ pd-extended on OS X

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Mar 7 07:25:40 CET 2010

Hey all,

I've been running a patch on an intel mac for a while, but noticed some
horrid timing problems [delay 1000] takes ~3000ms according to
[realtime]. The patch uses between 50% and 105% CPU according to top.

I've not got it down to about ~1500ms, but I can't pull back the patch
any further, and top says it using only 50-64% CPU...

I realized I was not using -rt, but when I try and run pd-extended
(sorry I don't recall the version, probably the stable one as of Sept
2009) pd does not start in -rt mode, I get no messages from stdout or
the console like I do in linux to tell me about priority scheduling.

Are there versions of pd-extended for OSX where -rt works? How do I set it.

I tried:

-rt in "startup flags"

sudo /Application/Pd-extended/.../bin/pd -rt

sudo su
/Application/Pd-extended/.../bin/pd -rt

And nothing works.

So what have I missed? Or what Pd should I be using?

Thanks,
B. Bogart