[PD] -rt w/ pd-extended on OS X

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 13:45:59 CET 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Derek Holzer wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> OS war wasn't my intention. Finding out if the -rt flag on OSX was. FWIW, I got very fed up with being a systems administrator instead of making instruments and sounds, and haven't booted the Gentoo partition in at least two years now...

Hah, well you know exactly what I mean then.

I don't really know if the -rt flag does anything on OSX.  Since the OS does audio mixing in the kernel through CoreAudio (from what I know), I assume it's not as relevant?  I only got the mac last summer, so my experience has only been with 10.5 for 2 weeks then 10.6 from then on.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com