[PD] analysis before synthesis: How?

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Sun Mar 7 14:50:37 CET 2010

Hi,

this is more a general question:
I have a "piece of sound" (sorry, English is not my mothers tonque...)
which conatins beside background noise a scifi-sound, which I want to
synthezise ("synthesise"?) with puredata as close to the original as
possible -- without the background.

Now I am looking for recipe to do such a thing -- without the need of
a supercomputer and without the deep deep knowledge of really deep
math.

Is there a way to supress the backgroudn as much as possible?
Would it be make sense to make a fourier analysis with a tool (what
tool -- I am using puredata on Gentoo-Linux)? Are there others
tool, which would help me to solve this task?

Any idea and help are very appreciated -- thanks a lot in advance!

best regards and have a nice sunday!
mcc