[PD] routing midi-clock

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 8 09:11:18 CET 2010

On 2010-03-07 18:04, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying (and failing) to build a pd patch for routing midi-clock +
> audio based on the position of a horizontal slider.
>
> So basically a patch that sends all midi, or at least midi clock
> straight through if some object holds 1 block it if the object holds 0.

you mean: [spigot]?

> I tried the [midirealtimein], but I'm not sure how to pass the messages
> to [midiout] (or some other object).

ain't there no [midirealtimeout] on your system?

> A more severe problem, that I might be facing is if the stream of midi
> clock messages will be broken if I switch streams like this while the
> syncing app is running.

i expect [midirealtimein] to produce fairly atomic messages, so you
should be able to interrupt a stream generated by this object with
[spigot] without any problems.
this is not true for [midiin], as here you will get the _raw_
byte-stream from midi. since a message could consist of multiple bytes
(multiple messages!), you cannot just interrupt the stream at will.

fgmasdr
IOhannes