[PD] warning: class XXX overwritten - what does it mean?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:40:41 CET 2010

IOhannes m zmoelnig escribió:

> no.
> it gives the warning with Pd>=0.42 and it doesn't give the error with
> older Pd-versions

Ouch, yes, I now realise I may have had different Pd versions (though
not different gem versions) installed on the different machines.

> as for worrying: Gem>=0.92 should work fine, even if you get these warnings.

Great.
Just out of curiosity however, what do the warning mean? Well ok, they
mean  a class has been overridden, but "why"? The classes mentioned in
the error messages (pix_videoDS for example) don't exist in Pd, so it
seems like they are defined twice in Gem?

I just would like to understand roughly what's going on...

thanks
m.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette