[PD] routing midi-clock

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 10:26:18 CET 2010

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post!

> you mean: [spigot]?

Yes.

>> I tried the [midirealtimein], but I'm not sure how to pass the messages
>> to [midiout] (or some other object).
>>

> ain't there no [midirealtimeout] on your system?

Nope. I'm under linux, maybe that's part of the reason? When creating
[midirealtimein] I get: "error: midirealtimein: works under MSW only".
However printing the output of it, seems to be ok, although I'm not 100%
sure what to expect...

Help says:
Pd version 0.42.5-extended-20091101

Should I install something else, maybe some other version or something
extra? I'm not sure if I installed from ubuntu repos or from a deb found
on puredata.info...

>> A more severe problem, that I might be facing is if the stream of midi
>> clock messages will be broken if I switch streams like this while the
>> syncing app is running.
>>

> i expect [midirealtimein] to produce fairly atomic messages, so you
> should be able to interrupt a stream generated by this object with
> [spigot] without any problems.

I guess you're right. If I could only get [midirealtimeout] I have a
feeling that I would be ready...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk