[PD] How to add relative paths - was: Re: Extended can't load any library except Gem on Windows Vista

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 11:35:18 CET 2010

IOhannes m zmoelnig escribió:

> seems like you are missing the libdir loader.
> Pd-extended compiles libraries as libdirs, [...]

Oh yes!
Libdir is indeed the first item in the "loadlib" list - i.e. it is
"loadlib1"="libdir" in the registry, so the mistery is why libdir
doesn't [didn't] load in the first place (I do, and did, have a
libdir.dll file in the extra folder).

Now two strange things:
1) I manually re-edited the .reg file, apparently reestablishing it just
like it was before (I had replaced all "loadlib" with "path" as a
workaround, to have all externals available though not pre-loaded), and
surprise surprise, now everything works: libdir loads and all subsequent
libs load

2) Now, just to try, I deleted all keys from the registry (all the
"loadlib" entries _and_ the "nloadlib" entry); however, when I run Pd,
it still loads all libraries, and they appear in the "startup" list. If
I modify the list from Pd and click "Apply", then all keys in the
registry are created again.

So, how does Pd "remember" the startup list after I delete it from the
registry? Seems like it saves it somewhere else. Where?? Or is it the
registry itself that has some sort of "cache"?

Regarding mistrey (1), there is an error in the pd-settings.reg file (as
it "ships" with Pd Extended), that the line just before
"loadlib1"="libdir" reads
"flags"="
where it should read
"flags"=""

However I had fixed it already, so it doesn't quite explain the fact
that libdir didn't load......

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com