[PD] Playing soundfile via array

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Thu Mar 11 04:35:05 CET 2010

Hi,

(using Pd version 0.41.4-extended on Gentoo Linux (pd-overlay))

I am trying to read a short soundfile (wav/aiff) from disc
into an array and then play the data of the array into a [dac~].
In the meanwhile to sounds like "something" but itt has nothing
to do with the original file, which plays well via mplayer, vlc etc.

    #> file oneshot.wav

gives me

    oneshot.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 22050 Hz

    #> file oneshot.aiff

gives me

    oneshot.aiff: IFF data, AIFF audio

Only reading the file via the last "raw" command fills the array with
anything else then nulls. Both top commands seem to do nothing at all.

I copied the stuff from different help entries.

Attached you will find the according patch.

What did I wrong with this?

mcc