[PD] an object to analyse how many midi keys are pushed at once

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:19:17 CET 2010

2010/3/11 jangling jack <threen52 at ml1.net>

> Hi list!
>
> Im wondering if there is an object which analyses how many keys (both
> comps and midi) are pushed at once? its for my arpeggiator patch. im on
> linux (64studio)

Hello,
my first thought would be a simple accumulator:

[n\

[+]X[f]

where 'n' is 1 for each key pressed / note-on, and -1 for each key
released/note-off, coming from [keyname] and [notein].
But a problem you may run into if you want to press and hold keys on the
keyboard is automatic key repeats, which result in a stream of 0's and 1's
from [keyname]'s left outlet.
I wonder if one could work around that within a pd patch...but I havent
tried it...
The best way would probably be to turn key repeats off in the os.
gr,
Tim