[PD] Pd-Dom for abstraction chaining

Enrique Erne enrique at netpd.org
Sun Mar 14 09:52:50 CET 2010

On 13/03/2010 11:15, Marco Donnarumma wrote:
>> The focus of Pd-Dom is very different though, it does dynamically
>> "chain" abstractions that send and receive audio. It handles also
>> loadbang to the freshly created instances. This should all be error free
>> and within 0 latency (using subpatches).
>>

> Hi Enrique, Pd-Dom works looks great, thanks for sharing it. Just a question
> (I know i should simply try it myself, but I don't have the time atm,
> apologies)...
> Can Pd-Dom manage GOP abstractions with different dimension than a non-GOP
> object?
> I'm curious 'cause I'm actually working on something really similar to
> Pd-Dom but with a slightly different approach. I'm trying to use dynamic
> patching to easily build GUI chains with whatever GOP abstraction.
> I use unofficial dyn-patching methods too, and iemguts. although I still
> have to fix few bugs the method works pretty fine so far.
> So now I wonder whether implement your Pd-Dom..
> thanks,

Hi Marco

As I mentioned before:
 > Pd-Dom itself has actually nothing to do with GUI.
:)

All the created abstractions are hidden in subpatches for signal-flow
reasons, so they can't be GOP.

There is one, in "examples/04.gui2.pd" that does create a GUI. The
created abstraction adds 2 sliders to a GOP in the main patch. Each
instance sets the y position by knowing it's own position in the chain.

If they would have variable height this wouldn't work, instead I'd try
to keep track of the height and y position with a [value] object.

Deleting one instance would have to redraw the whole GOP, which is a bit
ugly but would work.

Did you manage to delete in your aproach?

Cheers
eni