[PD] Using Pd to play drums in a band

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Mar 14 23:41:49 CET 2010

Hi Carlo,

experiment with this patch, I use it in my workshops. You can click
the red "tap_tempo_here" bang button four times and get a tempo...a
bit like the original four-stick-clicks-and-go beginning of almost
every punk song ever played. The Ramones, for example....
"one-two-three-four....sheila is, a punk rocker, sheeeila is..."

Below that is an Old-Skool 16-step elektro style sequencer.
Personally, I think these things make moronic music, but as a simple
learning exercise everything is there. The [float] object stores the
value from each slider until the [select] object gives it a bang.

See here for more details:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/StepSequencer

Best!
Derek