[PD] data structures: variable array element + variable resolution?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 15 03:10:44 CET 2010

Hi,

I had a couple of questions about data structures:

- I have an array based on template X. I wanted to make variations on the
drawing of that array, by changing a variable in template X. The thing is,
I can't access X when it's inside an array. Is there a way to get a
pointer to the X templates inside an array?
I also tried creating an extra instance of X and change the variable of
that template. Unfortunately it had no effect on the same templates inside
the array.

- I have a variable being plotted with a step value of 1: [plot -y
y(0:100)(-1:1)(1) ...]. I wanted to change the step value on the fly, but
when I wrote (step) instead of (1), there was a "parse error". Does that
mean that the step is always the same at each template? Is isn't possible
to assign a variable to the step value?

If if isn't possible to do any of these operations, I might be able to
circumvent the problem by deleting and creating new objects. Afaik it
isn't possible to edit an object, it's necessary to cut it and create a
new one. Am I correct, or is there a new possibility I don't know yet?

Thanks,

João Pais

--
Friedenstr. 58