[PD] Visualization patch

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:31:20 CET 2010

Hey all.
I've been working on a patch for visualizing music with GEM, using [scopeXYZ] and a bit of FFT I lifted from a help patch. attached.General comments welcome, as always. There are a few things I don't really like about it tho.
The FFT that's being displayed in GEM is a fairly narrow range, but I don't want to add more bars, for fear it might slow the patch down, but if I space out the graph references then notes seem to go missing. any ideas?
Also the scope seems to miss beats quite a lot, even those that are relatively uncompressed. I tried to sort this with multiple scopes and 1 and 2 millisecond delays but it's still not that helpful.
thanks
Andrew
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/