[PD] acceleration - deceleration between coordinates - how to do this?

Thomas Jeppesen jeppesen at skydebanen.net
Tue Mar 16 20:59:23 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I'm working on a patch (rjdj scene) where I'm moving a little object
around on a plane. The object is been given random coordinates which it
is supposed to gradually move to in five seconds.

Right now my solution is to bang the x- and y-coordinates into a
line-object which works fine, but I'd prefer for the movement to be more
"natural". By natural I mean that the object accelerates in the
beginning and then decellerates near the end until it comes to a full
stop at the exact coordinates that where randomly produced..

I've been trying to get my head around a solution for quite a while now,
but unfortunately no luck so far.

I'm sure this must be simple stuff for some of you PD-geniuses out
there, and I'm hoping that one of you will stand up and show me how it's
done :)

Thanks in advance,
Thomas :)