[PD] easy effects?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 22:37:33 CET 2010

hi everyone,

I'm back again!  :)

I'm working through the various pd resources and learning how to do
various things and having a lot of fun.  I've built the step sequencer
from the FLOSS manual, and want to apply some effects to the sound
(such as delay, distortion, etc.).  I've found some resources on the
'net on how to build such effects from scratch, but it seems like it
is reinventing the wheel when I have access to so many great effects
on my system already (ladspa, dssi).  I've attempted to use the
plugin~ object, but when I try to right-click on the object to get
help, pd crashes.  are there objects in pd-extended that allow you to
use ladspa or dssi effects?

I'm running linux with the latest pd-extended nightly build.

thanks all!

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com