[PD] Pd, Max/Msp, Reaktor, Plogue Bidule... How do these compare?

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Wed Mar 17 11:16:12 CET 2010

As many other said before, I personally think there is nothing to compare.
All of them are quite separate environments, and i mean not only computing
capabilities, flexibility and GUI, but above all each community supporting
the projects.
"this" is not better than "that", it's only about what fit best your needs.
So first point out which are exactly your needs. Learning Pd can be
difficult and exhausting in the beg, but once you get familiar with it, I
can assure you it's only pleasure. And there is a world of things you can't
do with any other software. But you have to find out what.
Of course if you don't want to spend too much time _learning_ that's a
different situation. Your needs will tell you.

But anyway, I feel that Max/MSP produce a smoother audio than Pd, is it me
> or does anyone feel this too?

mmm, I can't get what you mean here by "smoother".
Best,

Sorry for bringing this old thread up, I find Alex's opinion very

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net