[PD] GEM: forcing the use of Quicktime with pix_flim??

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 01:29:33 CET 2010

On Windows, DirectShow is typically much, much faster than Quicktime (which
Apple abandoned a while back).  DirectShow takes advantage of multiple
cores/CPUs while Quicktime does not.

You can play a lot of Quicktime files using DS provided you have the right
codec installed.  I recommend the ffdshow package which covers all of the
MPEGs, JPEGs and so on.

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/