[PD] GEM: forcing the use of Quicktime with pix_flim??

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 18 19:27:21 CET 2010

On 2010-03-18 19:18, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> By the way, I see a "Gem Man: QT init OK" message in the console with
> gem 0.92.1, so I guess there still _is_ some kind of support of
> QuickTime. Is there a way I can tell [pix_video] to use QuickTime rather
> than DirectShow (until I figure out what's wrong with DS)???
>
> I used to do that by an [open file.mov 1( message, but on the current
> version it does not work (and is not even mentioned in the help file,
> though I don't know if it was in the older version).....
>
> Or is the QT support meant for other things, and has it been eliminated
> in [pix_film]??

you can see which decoding backends are used when you create the first
[pix_film].
it should say something like:
pix_film:: DirectShow support
pix_film:: QuickTime support

and yes, the [open bla.avi 1( should still work (what it does is: first
try to open the file with the "1"st codec, and if that fails try all
codecs starting from 0)
eventually i want to get rid of numbers, as this is not very portable
(and replace it by a symbolic id, like "QuickTime")

fgamsdr
IOhannes