[PD] avoiding flicker with pix_video+pix_movement

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 09:48:57 CET 2010

IOHannes wrote:

 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > How do you work this around? How can one "know" whether a new
 > > frame has been captured or not?

 > you can learn quite everything about a pix with [pix_info]

How can I use it to learn whether a new frame has been captured?

I tried [print]ing the output from the 7th outlet, whose function is not
quite clear in the help patch: "list <newimage> <newfilm>". I guessed
either <newimage> or <newfilm> _may_ be a boolean meaning whether the
image is new (or the film, whatever it is), but even if I set the gemwin
at 30 or 50 fps, I _always_ get "1 0", and I don't think my webcam
captures 50 fps.......

thanks
m.

--