[PD] avoiding flicker with pix_video+pix_movement

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:46:35 CET 2010

IOhannes m zmoelnig escribió:

> there are two possibilities why this is happening:
> - there is a bug in Gem that doesn't mark the images as "old" (was this
> on w32 or osx?)

W32 (Windows Vista)

> - there is a "bug" in the image acquisition backend (DirectShow,
> QuickTime,...) that just serves the same image twice as if it were new.

What test may I do to tell which one of the two is true?

By the way, if the image were correctly marked as "old", would
[pix_movement] use this information (i.e. avoid comparing tro frames
that are actually the same frame)? Or do you have to handle this
explicitly with pix_info?

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com