[PD] question about netclient and netserver

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Mar 24 00:39:33 CET 2010

Hi all,

I've been trying to port my udp-based network communication to tcp-based
and in a large ensemble netclient/netserver seemed like the best option.
However, now that I've tested it in a couple sessions I am finding that
every time I broadcast more than let's say dozen lines of text (coll
data) which should be still less than a couple kb, I get nasty xruns
(running through jack/linux). I am wondering what is causing this? Isn't
netserver running in a separate thread?

Any ideas?

Any thoughts are most appreciated.

Best wishes,