[PD] question about netclient and netserver

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 24 17:01:39 CET 2010

>> use mrpeach's [tcpserver]/[tcpclient].
>
> I guess they suffer from the very same problem that I wrote about in my
> last post. However, it would be still interesting to see, whether they
> make any difference for Ivica's setup.

I just committed a possible fix: tcpserver stops sending when it can't create any more threads, until it receives an [unblock( message.

I seriously think that you should be using UDP if you want to broadcast. Make your own handshake mechanism in UDP. Don't expect TCP to do things it wasn't made for.

Martin