[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

colet.patrice at free.fr colet.patrice at free.fr
Thu Mar 25 19:36:54 CET 2010

hello,

 In fact I've no clue about how max instrument patches sounds, only using it for livelooping, but I and other musicians like me didn't like the sonority of netpd for example, because rendered texture are poor, only one sytnh sound good (I don't remember which one), and once we've turned around all sonorities of this synth, there's not much things to play with.
 I'm not blaming the great work of roman on netpd, but just demonstrate that in despite a lot of efforts to have tools for making music with pd, there's no way to make something smooth enough to be commercial, unless cheating with some steinberg or direct x stuff, of knowing by heart all the dsp tricks. Anyway, I'd like to hear something composed by a king of pd patches, for the fun.