[PD] mp3cast~ on ubuntu 9.10 crash pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Mar 26 00:31:30 CET 2010

> ok so now i've recompiled with the -c option thanks to mathieu,

you mean -g

> #12 mp3cast_connect (x=0x39dff4, hostname=0x8596730, fportno=9001)
>    at mp3cast~.c:650

this means that it crashed during "Authorization: Basic %s\r\n", which is
the second bug I talked about in my previous mail. In any case, you
probably can fix all three bugs by changing this line :

   #define        STRBUF_SIZE 32

to this :

   #define        STRBUF_SIZE 64

or whatever else is big enough... unless it also has side effects
(répercussions) somewhere else, I don't know... I haven't tried this fix,
but it's a standard multiple buffer-overflow.