[PD] Reproducing the THX deep note in Pd

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 00:37:37 CET 2010

Yep I did that as an exercise way back. Lost the code
and wavs now sorry to say :(

But, yes it did show up the weakness of Pd oscils
when compared to Csound - somewhat muddier, with
a slight distortion when using so many.

IIRC its a saw/string like wave and I made it
bandlimited by filling tables and felt very
confident it couldn't be aliasing because
I calculated no sweeps put any harmonics even
close to Nyquist. So, he difference tis kinda
to do with the small table size or interpolation
in Pd I think. Of course in Csound it sounds
gorgeous.

a.