[PD] isosonic curves : level the perceptual loudness of different pitches

Alexandre Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:49:29 CET 2010

Well, I ain't released at all, I just a briefly mentioned. But in a
portuguese mail list they were so excited about it I had to release and did
thank and make references to all of who helped, especially Mathieu, of
Course, without whom I'd still be stuck and not kowing what do to at all :)

And as long as we are on the subject, let me tell more about this: one
object does the conversion according to the data from ISO226:2003, and the
code was from a matlab code you can easily find on the net (don't remember
the author, sorry). The other object converts according to Robinson and
Dadson's 1956 revision, and the converting functions are from the Composer
Clarence Barlow.

All this follows the external I publihed last year at SBCM09 (portuguese),
with co-autorship of Andre Salim Pires, who compiled the thing for me. And
the external is the roughness object, that uses the Equal  Loudness Curves
in it. I first had it as a patch, which couldn't be have been made witout
the initial push of yet another partner (Fábio Furlanete), who was the first
to help me out in the world of Pd, and started porting some Matlab codes
from Sethares' research as a Pd patch.

This was first presented in the Second Puredata International Convention, in
which I thank Mathieu again as well as the other people involved in the
production of it - the event was basically a turn point in my life for the
better :)  But the work I presented then seems to have disappeared from the
web... that one is in english, and is still a good starting reference to the
things I'm working with in my phd research. I can send over request.

Now, I see that the [loudness~] object for MAX does something I'm interested
in, do we have a similar thing for Pd? I could port that object for Pd if we
don't as part of my research, with the help of Mathieu of course :)

and about the iem_matrix object, do I have to get it somewhere? What data is
it from?

Cheers
Alex