[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 09:18:34 CET 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 9:34 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:

>> but just demonstrate that in despite a lot of efforts to have tools for making music with pd, there's no way to make something smooth enough to be commercial, unless cheating with some steinberg or direct x stuff, of knowing by heart all the dsp tricks. Anyway, I'd like to hear something composed by a king of pd patches, for the fun.
>
> Me too!

Well I am no pd king either, but it's been working quite well for me after the initial investment of learning and building patches.

Here's a song recorded with multiple tracks from pd directly to Ardour on an old single core Linux laptop.  All of the effects were applied live within pd and the tracks were mixed in Ardour and mastered using Jamin.

SubOptimal Demo

Yeah, there's no fancy synthesis going on, but I thing the sound is comparable to what I might have done using any daw ... and I can run it on "slow" and "useless" hardware which Logic, Cubase, and a millions vsts could not.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com