[PD] any mac OS terminal experts?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 13:46:40 CET 2010

On Mar 26, 2010, at 10:09 PM, errordeveloper at gmail.com wrote:

> Dan, i am sorry but your function { } business is teribly misleading!
> it's gust alias pd="/path/to/app/bin/pd" that anyone would ever need ..

Yeah, I hadn't tried an alias.  I think it's a better option.

> well, do you wanna go like:
>
> PD=//Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd
> THIS_COULD_BE_THE_ONLY_REASON_WHY_WE_NEED_IT=$MY_ERRORNO_CMD_NOT_FOUND
>
> function pd {
> 		if [ -x $PD ] then
> 		`dirname $PD`/`basename pd`
> 		else
> 		echo "COMMAND NOT FOUND, this is a redundant msg!"
> 		exit $THIS_COULD_BE_THE_ONLY_REASON_WHY_WE_NEED_IT
> 		}

I'm sorry but your example is terribly redundant. Obviously if you adding a function to your .bash_profile you would know that the binary should be there. I only supplied an approach that worked for me, sorry to post an inferior option. *sheesh*

>> I had the same issue when trying to use some scripts I made in Linux with pd. I solved it by adding some function wrappers to my ~/.bash_profile:
>>
>> # pd commandline
>> function pd {
>> 	/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd $@;
>> }
>> export -f pd
>>
>> function pdsend {
>> 	/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pdsend $@;
>> }
>> export -f pdsend
>>
>> Make sure to restart the terminal session for it to take effect.
>>
>> --------
>> Dan Wilcox
>> danomatika.com
>> robotcowboy.com