[PD] Local Variables in GUI Properties (receive-symbol)

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 14:30:29 CET 2010

Wow, this is crazy!!!

It works fine with $1, $2,..., i.e. you can use them in gui properties
at the end, beginning, middle, wherever you want and doing it with the
properties editor - the only weirdness is that when you re-open the
properties dialog the $ will be replaced by a #, but everything works
fine. I've been doing this for years (since 0.40 you can put them in the
middle and use multiple dollars in a symbol, at least as object creation
arguments).

However, the $0 is not handled properly. It is immediately "interpreted"
and becomes a 0, as Ben described.

I use $n's a lot, both as object creation arguments and as gui object
properties, and not only as prefix, but I never noticed this because I
usually don't use $0 in gui properties and whenever I use $0 it is
usually as a prefix...

This is definitely a bug: there's no reason why $0 should be treated
differently than $n with n>0.

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com