[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Sun Mar 28 15:04:47 CEST 2010

Well, that is only if all the partials remain under the Nyquist
frequency. The idea is to limit the higher harmonics to the ones
described by whatever formula you use to generate the waveforms, but if
you eliminated all of them them you would just have a sine wave again
;-) So what you get is considerably less aliasing, but without
oversampling and filtering you will still get some.

Of course I'm no DSP guru, perhaps someone more mathematically inclined
could give a better answer.

Best!
D.

--