[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 18:37:13 CEST 2010

> Alexandre Porres wrote:
>> "I feel Max produce a smoother audio than Pd. Didit"
>
> Well, if you use [tabread4~] or any of the many other Pd objects that
> use the same broken interpolation algorithm (copy/paste programming),
> you get horrible noise.  If you use [tabread4] to interpolate graphical
> parameters for animations, the discontinuities in the derivatives are
> really obvious.

Pd's cubic interpolator is a standard one (not the only standard one)
-- it's the same Lagrange interpolator as the one used in csound.
[tabread4c~] or whatever it is was an attempt to bring in the one used
in supercollider, which is an Hermite cubic interpolator.  I haven't
tried to figure out what max uses, but it wouldn't be too hard.

Matt