[PD] Weird [delread~] behavior under -nogui

Florian Hollerweger flo at mur.at
Sun Mar 28 20:35:22 CEST 2010

Hi Georg, hi list,

Georg Werner wrote:
> FYI, your patch works with -nogui and winxp even without the [switch~].
> Pd version 0.41.4-extended-20090509

Thank you so much for this revealing contribution. I can indeed confirm
that Windows XP seems to be free from the -nogui audio initialisation
problems described earlier, including also the "[loadbang]->[;pd dsp 1("
problem.

This is reflected in the attached example "nogui_win.pd", which works
for me with (and without) the -nogui flag under Windows XP, both with Pd
extended 0.41.4 and Pd vanilla 0.42-5. Under Debian, however, it works
only when *not* using -nogui, both with Pd vanilla 0.41.4 and vanilla
0.42-5.

> but if i understand correctly you would have to turn off [switch~] by a
> loadbang and turn it on with a delay.

Thanks for pointing this out, but I cannot confirm this workaround to
work under Debian. This is reflected in the attached example
"nogui_linux.pd", which keeps failing to initialize audio correctly with
Debian and -nogui (but plays fine under Windows XP and -nogui).

best,
flo.H