[PD] Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Mon Mar 29 10:55:13 CEST 2010

Well I must give a +1 to all the members of this list for being so
civil, constructive, polite and friendly.
The answers one usually get to that kind of subject are much less friendly.

Who wants smooth, curvy, creamy, glossy, mild, silky audio anyway?
Happy - rough - Pd to all :)

PS: I guess no one has done any blind tests using only ear right?
There's a nice episode reported in Michelangelo's life shown in one of
the films about him - not sure exactly how it went but here goes: the
master is working at one of his masterpieces (probably the David or
something) and some dude comes along, well actually he's on the side of
the patrons an so although he's pretty daft, he's also paying for the
thing and wants to put his word into it. He says "Hey Michelangelo, you
idiot, that nose is too big!" Michelangelo counts up to ten then smiles
and answers humbly: "Oh yes Sir, thank you. I guess I should make it
smaller" so he takes his hammer and bangs hard on the wall two or three
times and lets some powder drop down, without actually touching the
nose, then pulls back. "What do you think now Sir?" "Ah" says the guy
full of himself "perfect, /now/ it is perfect".