[PD] My first two works in Pd

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:36:16 CEST 2010

I'm quite impressed with these. PD is quite good for chasing up ideas and using software as an instrument. Like it.

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 16:03:34 +0200
From: hello at partidoalto.net
To: pd-list at iem.at
Subject: [PD] My first two works in Pd

Leute,

I've been struggling with Pd for a couple of months and finally I managed to kind of finish two main Projects I took along last Semester in my Masters.

Of course there could be a lot of improvement but nevertheless, I'm proud of myself :)

The first one is "The Sound of Nowhere", a self-sustainable sonic installation with a pretty simple and straight-forward idea: feedback.

http://www.vimeo.com/10468199

And the second is "Contrapunctual Improvisation of Whatever", an Installation that works with voice input to create small phrases for improvisation. A little more complex than the previous, but rather funny.

http://www.vimeo.com/10481084

I'm still organizing the source code and writing all acknowledgements before putting it online, and again, I know this may be silly and simple for most of you, but anyway, I'm excited with what I was able to do with Pd in six months or so.

I hope you enjoy them :)

--
Pedro Oliveira
www.partidoalto.net