[PD] [PD-announce] Pduino 0.5beta8 and Firmata 2.1 released!

olsen sesselastronaut at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 30 13:21:09 CEST 2010

Ej Hans
very nice! i went back to my flock of arduinos for testing.
with the duemilanueve/328 ev'ry thing seems to work fine!
though with the Mega there's some lack in the well-behaviour that i would like to report:

__DigitalInput
No DigitalInput on Pins 0 to 8 and 12&13
Putting a physical digital input on pin 9 to 11 in pduino the state for all these pins is always displayed on digital
input 12!

__DigitalOutput
DigitalOutput only on Pin 10-13 and to get pin 13 high i've to checkerbox pin 15 in pduino

Seems there's some kind of trouble with the Pin settings and their represenation in pduino.

__PWM
pwm output is working on the proper Pins & from Pin 2 to 10 & 13 - on Pin 11 and 12 i could not get any pwm out.

__servo
servo output is working on the proper Pins & from Pin 2 to 13!

__AnalogInput
Pin 0-7 giving here proper input

i'll get the nano testing within the next days & also try to get my hands dirty for some testing on OSX
if there's anything else i could help ping me up!
thanks again for this nice piece of software! to my experience so far for pd/arduino-newbies pduino is pretty much
facilitating sensorymotor processing!
thumbs up & salutis

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Now that Firmata 2.1 is released and included in Arduino 0018, we have a
> new beta release for the Pduino [arduino] object.  There were lots of
> cleanups and fixes on test and help patch, and the addition of symbols
> like "input", "analog", etc. to the [pinMode ( message.
>
> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/objects.html#pduino
>
> I tested this on a Diecimila and original Arduino.  These are the only
> Arduinos I have, so testing and bug reports on those are very helpful.
> There are no outstanding bugs that I know of, if I hear of no other
> bugs, I think this one will be the final release!
>
> .hc

> "[W]e have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we are
> deliberately throwing it away to benefit those who profit from
> scarcity."        -John Gilmore

ETs DNA will not be televised