[PD] tabread4~ "broken" interpolation algorithm - was Re:, Max Smoother Audio than Pd?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 15:42:12 CEST 2010

Roman Haefeli escribió:
> On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 14:15 +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>
>> However, even in presence of a tradeoff that makes some sense (i.e. each
>> of the two choices has advantages and disadvantages), it seems to me
>> that for audio applications the generated high-frequency noise due to
>> discontinuities should be _hugely_ worse than the passband-non-flatness.
>
> Judging from the graph, it seems that the differences in the
> passband-non-flatness are  much smaller than the differences in the stop
> band. But then again, maybe I am tricked by the logarithmic view.

Hmm, I don't think they can be compared at the same scale - though I
don't know with what scaling factor thay can be compared - or if it
makes sense at all to compare them quantitatively.

However, when one has to evaluate the ripple of the flat part, one
usually zooms in quite a bit...

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistisette at gmail.com