[PD] loudness~

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 22:35:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

Just wanted to say that my externs have some features based on
perceptually determined pitch scales, but _none_ based on loudness
research. I'll probably be adding something over the summer, but I'm
not sure how general the design will be yet (I might implement it as
optional functionality within the existing feature externs).

So - a separate extern that reports a loudness value taking pitch or
spectral centroid into account would be really great.  Alex, if you do
work on this before I get a chance to, it would be something I'd use
as another dimension in my timbre-space examples.  For instance, I
didn't try to write another pitch or RMS amplitude object, because
sigmund~ already gives me both of these in real-time and NRT.

Let us know how it goes...
William