[PD] Combat aliasing!

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:27:12 CEST 2010

Hi!

I ve been reading the on-going debate about interpolation for a few days,
and it just occured to me that i don't how go about avoiding aliasing more
generally than with band-limited wavetables. If i wanted to play a sample at
a pitch higher than the original, or if i wanted to use a karplus-strong
resonator to generate notes, what would be the proper way of ensuring that
no aliasing occurs? Do people generally use low-pass filters with a cut-off
somewhere below the Nyquist frequency? Or is there a trick that one can use
earlier on in the signal path of a patch?

Pierre