[PD] Combat aliasing!

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Mar 31 18:32:04 CEST 2010

I was thinking about this the other day.... is it possible to have
aliasing with Karplus-Strong? Because it's a delay line, nothing is
being played back at any higher rate than it was sampled at, so no
aliasing should be possible. Right? Math-gurus correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise, any signal generator needs to be bandlimited or oversampled:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/Antialiasing
http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/GeneratingWaveforms

Frank Barknecht has some spliced-transition trick he uses as well, I'm
sure it will come up in a reply or two on this thread as well...

D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::
---Oblique Strategy # 139: