[PD] [Gem] pix_film: no alpha channel in Mac

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 19:07:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

I tried to use [pix_film] with a video encoded with the Animation+
codec, with an alpha channel.

I use [alpha] in the chain to turn on alpha blending.

It works perfectly in Windows (Gem 0.92 using QuickTime to open the
files), but in MacOS the alpha channel is completely ignored and the
video is opaque.

I use the very same files both in Windows and MacOS.

Does it work better with some other codec? Or is there some trick to
work it around?

Note that alpha blending in general does work (for example the help
patch for [alpha]) - it's just the alpha channel of the pix that doesn't
work.

Any idea?

thanks
m.