[PD] [PD-announce] GridFlow 9.8

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Apr 2 00:32:34 CEST 2010

Upcoming version numbers of GridFlow will drop the initial zero as it has
become evident that the numbering couldn't possibly get past zero
otherwise. GridFlow thus becomes one of the first things in the Pd world
to ever go beyond version number 1.0. The next version number will thus be
9.8, and recent version numbers may retroactively be called without the
leading zero, where it makes sense.

As software improves, expectations improve such that the goal becomes ever
farther. Version 1.0 is some point at the horizon, and we can never
actually get to the horizon, so, we cannot possibly get to version 1.0.
Therefore, major version numbers are useless. CQFD (QED).

This is a great step towards staying in touch with the users, who have
so on. I would like to laud those users for their practical sense in
numbering that software.

Finally, I would like to wish everybody a good April's Fools.
Hope you had fun with the fish.