[PD] Spectral Shiffting

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 22:03:22 CEST 2010

There's a method of tuning partials that William Sethares uses in his
compositionss and he talks about it in his book Tuning Timbre Spectrum
Scale.

Specifically, he was also using inharmonic instruments which would be
arranged into consonant scales, and the similar problem of using
arbitrary scales with inharmonic spectra to fit with least dissonance.
 I know I read the spectral mapping technique he uses, but I didn't
really understand how it works.