[PD] pd~ and DIO errors

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 02:39:54 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I have a rather heavy patch which causes DIO errors when I switch~ on
several subpatches.
I'm running pd + Jack on a rt kernel (ubuntu-studio Hardy),... Jack shows
little or no Xruns.
Now I wanted to try and optimize the patch by using [pd~].
The way I understood it is that [pd~] will start a subprocess and it will
(automatically ?) divide the audio computation load over multiple
processors.
However, I get the impression that by using [pd~] I get the same (or even
worse) results as with my regular "abstraction / [switch~]" approach; DIO
error crackles.
Any advice very welcome!
Thanks,
Tim