[PD] 24 bit / 96 k issue

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 23:41:12 CEST 2010

Hi there,

 I'm trying to use 96 k/24 bits WAV file in pd for the first time and something weird is happening: when I open such a file, I get an "no such oject" error in the console, althou I haven't  put any unknown object in my patch, then, some GUI elements freeze (knobs, faders...) and I can't use my patch anymore (but the sound seems to play). "Find last error" doesn't lead me anywhere.
Can anyone telle me what's going on or explain me how one to deal with 96k 24 bits sounds in Pd (setup changes, soundcard settings...) I've noticed that switching pd to 96k mode in Pd doesn't affect my ASIO soundcard's settings (it stil shows 16bits, 44100 hz) so I'm kind of mixed up...

Thank you

D.S

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/