[PD] Detect silence inArray and resize

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 01:17:24 CEST 2010

> Hi,
>
> I'm Trying to do this:
>
> after recording a sound event in array
> (the initial size of this array is equal to samplerate*time in seconds),
>
> I want to resize this array approximately equal of the duration of this
> sound event (as a sttacato event with fff in trumpet).
>
> In other words,
> I want to detect in a array with size X, a lot of amount of samples with
> values approximately zero, this amount with size Y (where Y is 0<Y<X) ,
> and resize this array with new size X-Y
>
> I'm trying to program it or look on the net for solutions, but without
> sucess.

Hi Guilherme,
triggering tabwrite~ with bonk~ may help you get rid of silence _before_ the
note,
after the note I'm not sure...
Personally I would just leave that.
What's the reason you want to remove the silence ?
You could also detect silence on the sound itself with an envelope
follower...
off the top of my head: [abs~]--[lop~ 100]--[expr~
$v1<0.05]--[unsig~]--[change]--[tgl] or something similar ?
gr,
Tim