[PD] [OT] linux multi-output soundcard

becks becks at msound.org
Mon Apr 12 14:48:34 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I know it's OT, but I would like to get an advice from Linux Pd users.
> I'm about to buy a soundcard with up to 8 analog I/O for max 500euro/pounds
> and want it to be compatible with Linux (I mean, I would like something
> working ""out-of-the-box"").
> I've been advised about the Terratec Phase 88 Rack..
> Any other suggestion?

Hi Marco,
i have two soundcards.
* edirol fa 101 firewire, and works out of the box since old freebob
driver and now with the ffado driver. (~ 250/300eu second hand).
* rme multiface I pci (or pcmcia). works out of the box (300/400eu)

both cards are "gnu/linux" ready, both are goods, but rme is better
(lower latency, more stability, direct hardware routing, adat in/out)

ciao

--
cb