[PD] [OT] linux multi-output soundcard

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:48:15 CEST 2010

Hey,
on ubuntu, I have good experience with:
-echo layla 3g (8in8out,2preamps, phantom...)
-m-audio delta 1010LT
-m-audio delta 44
-rme hammerfall dsp + multiface, both PCI and PCMCIA (note: the output jack
sockets are too close to each other, which can give you a hard time
connecting more than 2 cables with 'sturdy' jacks.)
all those worked pretty much out of the box

bad experience with:
-firewire soundcard using 'freebob' driver
(I think the brand was motu, or presonus, or focusrite, one of those, I
don't remember exactly...but, while it was officially supposed to work
(checked alsa soundcard matrix) it didn't...)
I haven't checked recently, but I still have the impression that firewire
soundcards are poorly supported on linux...
-m-audio delta 66 no sound, don't know the reason, is anyone using this card
?

gr,
Tim