[PD] (no subject)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 12 21:08:41 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 19:50 +0100, Andrew Faraday wrote:

> I've recently been looking at possibilities for networked performance
> with pd. So far I've found that [netsend] and [netrecieve]  only seem
> to take numeric data (I.E. no symbols or bangs).
> This might be the result of the abstraction I'm using (made by one of
> my workshoppers) which sends messages with through a message box [send
> chan1 $1(, [send chan2 $1( etc.
>

> I've solved the bangs problem by sending a number repeatedly and
> having a [sel] at the receiving end. However I am interested in using
> netsend as a basic messaging system (to conduct a laptop group by
> typing from a central machine).

this lets you send whatever you want:

[list prepend send]

[list trim]

[netsend]

Using [netclient] and [netserver] from maxlib instead of the native
[netsend] and [netreceive] might make the implementation of one-to-many
or many-to-one setups easier.

I often found myself using something like this in order to easily send
messages from any client to all others:

- on the client side (multiple instances) -

[list prepend send]

[list trim]

[netclient]

- on the server -